Monday, July 18, 2011

Do I have any future in basketball at all?

Hey, I'm a 14 year old boy, I'm 5'8, 120lbs, and have a 6 foot wingspan. My vertical leap is around 3ft-3ft and a half. In my last year of middle school, I missed all but 3 games due to a knee sprain and only averaged 0.0ppg 2apg and 2rpg in those two games. This summer I decided I needed more help and more exposure to competetive play since my High School is only a single A school, so I decided to join the new AAU team my hometown was putting together for the first time this year. To be honest, we suck, we have only had one tournament, and lost the first two games by 30pts or more, and won the last game by forfeit because the team we were gonna play lost 54 to 1. But anyway, in the tournament, I scored 10pts in the first game against a team called SQBA, ant then I scored 12 in my second against the "Young Ballerz" so I guess thats 11ppg, I also had 2apg and 4rpg in this tournament. So if I continue to practice my all around game, will I have any future in basketball? Like how far do you think I could get? My teamates compare me to Ray Allen because of my shooting ability, although I wasn't a three point shooter in the begining of the AAU season, just a mid-range shooter, but ever since my coach forced the three point shot on me, I went from 20% behind the line to 34%. I am also a 87% free throw shooter, but lack dribbling ability, I don't drive to the basket often, in fact, I only lay the ball in on fastbreaks, I'm not a physical player, or one of those emotional leaders that get hyped up every second, I don't block shots or steal the ball, I just play solid on ball deffense. Would I have any future in basketball at my current position of Shooting Guard and my secondary position of Point guard and Small Forward?

No comments:

Post a Comment