Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Thinking about quitting sport?

I'm on the poms team for my high school. I was on JV the past two years, and this year i made Varsity. i was so excited to prove to everybody that i could do it. But after having practice for about a month, i just feel like i can't take it anymore. My coach only cares about winning, and she picks on people (especially me) and always just comments on things you do wrong, never once giving encouragement. I get so stressed out and worry about it 24/7. I try my absolute hardest, and i still get yelled at like crazy. I dread going to it, because i want to have fun, i'm not all about winning. I know her criticism will help me improve, but i just feel like it's taking so much enjoyment out of my life. Should i quit? I really want to do it for performing at football and basketball games, but all my coach cares about is winning at competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment